If you follow my blog you probably read about how I was trying to get rid of some bloat for a school formal I had coming up. I tried to cut out carbs and sugars. I linked the dishes to the actual recipe so you can try them out. The photos are all actual photos so the food really did look as good as it tasted 🙂
1. Roasted Broccoli Cheese Soup: I made a lot of soups, and this is one of my favorites. It’s cheesy, and very good with a piece of crunchy bread.
2. Rice Cakes: From chips to bread, these lo-cal snacks are one of my favorites! You can buy tiny ones in packages that are flavored (Butter, Ranch, Sriracha, or even Chocolate)! They are way healthier than chips and taste just as good!
You can also buy the bigger rice cakes and use them like bread. Add cream cheese & cucumbers or ham & cheese for lunch…Another great breakfast was adding almond butter, sliced apples, and granola.
3. Cauliflower Crust Pizza: A great alternative to regular pizza. I’ll be honest, it’s not quite as good as pizza, but if your wanting to lose some weight and have something cheesy and tasty this is a perfect alternative!
4. Strawberry-Banana Ice cream: This dessert is delicious and simple! Just add a cup of strawberries, two bananas, a splash of milk, and an option of vanilla extract. It’s good frozen, or blended and served cold as a smoothie.
5. Homemade Yogurt Parfait: So easy and so delicious. I enjoyed this for breakfast most days, but it also makes a great snack. Just add the following to Plain Greek Yogurt: Granola, Dark Chocolate Chunks, and last but not least… Frozen Strawberries (I use frozen strawberries…I take a few out and mix in a spoonful of honey…Throw it in the microwave for a few seconds…Add to the top of yogurt…YUM!
6. Spinach Dip: This was phenomenal, easy, and great with pecan crackers. Mix 1-cup of Plain Greek Yogurt and 1-cup of Parmesan Cheese (set aside). Sauté 1-cup of raw spinach in 1-T Olive Oil. Once it has wilted mix it with the yogurt and add a dash of red pepper flakes. Put it in a 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes, and E-N-J-O-Y
7. Choc-co-nut Crunch: This yummy snack includes (Dark) chocolate chips, coconut shavings, and your favorite nuts (I love walnuts and Almonds). This is great to have on hand when you would typically go for chips or something crunchy.
8. No-Bake Oatmeal Balls – Okay, so I didn’t really like these as no-bake cookies, but once they were done I added one to my smoothies and it added great texture and nuttiness.
9. Chinese Chicken Nuggets – This dish packs a big punch. It has a LOT of flavor and satisfies a crunchy salty craving.
10. Lemon Water: When eating healthy, water is an essential, DRINK, DRINK, DRINK. However, I sometimes get tired of constantly drinking boring water. Since a lot of water flavorings are really not all that healthy, I just put a simple slice of lemon in my cold water. It’s better than POP and very refreshing!
1 Corinthians 6:19
Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own