I realized that I haven’t done a post on a natural makeup look, so I decided to do one! Here’s my “FAUX-natural” makeup look.
The photo on the left is just my natural face with absolutely no makeup on (acne, redness, and dark circles). It’s my “blank canvass” ready for makeup.
Now, for the photo on the right (no filter was used but I did have my flash on). This is my “FAUX-natural” face. Oh how I wish this is what I looked like when I jumped out of bed. (I did nothing to my brows, and as you can see, I need to get them done soon!)
- Apply Concealer where needed (NARS),
- Apply BB cream all over (Dream Fresh by MAYBELLINE) and blend,
- Add contour under your cheek bones (Highlight/Lowlight Contour Duo by SEPHORA),
- Dab blush along the cheek bones (Dream Bouncy Blush by MAYBELLINE),
- Finish with powder to set (Loose Translucent Powder by COVER GIRL).
You can use any light pink/nude. I lined my lips with Cashmere Pink by SEPHORA and my lip stick was Party in the Buff by Elf.
I did spend a little more time on my eyes for this FAUX-natural look. I used “The Nudes” palette by Maybeline. I just love it. It has 12 different colors in it including white, brown, gold, black…)
- Start with a neutral base color similar to the natural eye lid color, put this all over the lid.
- Next, add a light brown color in the crease.
- Then, softly applied a darker brown starting at the center of the crease focusing on the outer edge.
- Dab a brighter gold on the center of the lid, and blend.
- Highlight the brow bone and inner corner with the lightest shade in the palette.
- Finish with mascara (I did not to use any eyeliner for this look).
There you have it, my FAUX-natural makeover. The overall look was simple and took hardly any time at all (maybe 5-7 minutes), but it made a huge difference. I look naturally refreshed. Spending a little extra time on the eyes adds a nice pop to your look. I look forward to hearing from you about your FAUX-natural look.
“But he knows the way that I take; when he has tried me, I shall come out as gold.”